Senior Director, News
33 Thornwood Drive, Suite 500
Ithaca, NY 14850
Our mission is to write, edit, and disseminate stories about the research, programs, people, and strategic priorities at Cornell to raise the university’s profile internally and externally. Our staff of a dozen reporters and editors has more than 200 years of experience at Cornell; our writers cover beats in fields such as physical sciences, life sciences, social sciences, art and humanities, business, computer science, and sustainability. We partner with communicators across campus to amplify their stories beyond their own schools and colleges, and the Media Relations Office leverages our stories to attract media attention for the university.
Cornell Chronicle, the university’s newspaper of record: The website is updated daily, and stories are tagged for convenient sharing across the university’s web space and beyond. A weekly Cornell Chronicle e-newsletter digest is distributed to faculty, staff, students, and subscribers on Fridays during the academic year. In addition to stories, the Cornell Chronicle offers other channels for highlighting news:
- Essentials: This blog features short, sometimes-quirky items that speak to the life of the university.
- Picture Cornell: The weekly slideshow is produced in partnership with Marketing’s photography team.
- Things To Do: The TTD editor highlights up to a dozen can’t-miss events for the week.
- Sound Off: Cornellians comment on news and events happening in the world.
- Twitter: Follow us for all the latest news.
- Ezra magazine: Produced quarterly in concert with Alumni Affairs and Development, and Marketing, Ezra is targeted largely to an alumni audience. The monthly Ezra Update includes alumni features, links to Chronicle stories, and upcoming events around the world. Ezra Update is emailed to more than 200,000 alumni and friends of the university.
- Pawprint: This biweekly website and e-newsletter is devoted to staff news. A printed version is delivered to staff without ready access to computers. Pawprint also is on Facebook.
Want news delivered to your inbox? Subscribe:
- Cornell Chronicle e-newsletter subscription page
- Cornell Chronicle RSS feeds
- Ezra Update subscription page
- Pawprint subscription page
Have a story idea? Contact us: